PCIN member libraries are proud to support educators and our area schools. One way we do this is through Educator Cards.
Educators currently working at an education facility in Perth County are eligible to register for an Educator Card. This includes K-12 classroom teachers in public and private schools, daycare center instructors, and homeschoolers.
To apply for an Educator Card, visit your local library with the following items:
- Photo ID (e.g., a driver's license)
- Proof of current address (Proof can consist of a piece of mail addressed to the applicant, a checkbook or car insurance)
Educators are required to have a personal library card to be eligible for an Educator card.
The Educator Card is designed to help make full use of the library's resources.
- Check out most items for double the standard loan period
- Renew most items 1 time (Renewal is unavailable if the item is reserved for another customer)
- Pay no late fees (Payment is required for lost or damaged items)
- Personal library card and educator card accounts are totally separate, preventing confusion
Cards for Students
Our libraries are happy to provide personal library cards for students. Library cards arm students with access to information, build literacy skills and most importantly, promote a love of reading. To arrange library cards for your class, contact your local library.